The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has rolled out the smart card recharge or cashless token sale facility with the use of Bharat Quick Response (QR) Code exhibited at the customer care centers and token counters of metro stations. Thus, the travelers, with this facility, can use the Bharat QR Code that is offered by HDFC Bank, presented at the customer care centers, token counters via the installed application of respective bank on their smartphones.
All bank savings account and wallet holders, with the use of using Bharat QR, can make payments through their bank application by logging in and scanning the available QR code at stations. At present, this facility is made accessible at 5 metro stations, explicitly, Pitampura, Rajendra Place, Rajiv Chowk, Nehru Place, and Seelampur only. Successively, the facility will be launched at the Delhi Metro network’s all metro stations in a phased manner.
Lately, the Bharat QR Code was introduced by the Union Government in an attempt to support cashless transactions.This code functions with all foremost banks in India. It is a type of a bar code that utilizes the bank’s data (account number and merchant name) needed for the payment.
Let’s see how to use the Bharat QR Code.
- Login to the respective bank application and opt to pay with the use of the QR code option.
- The user will then require scanning the QR code exhibited at customer care and token counter at the station to receive the merchant information (In this case, DMRC is the merchant).
- Enter the sum (smart card recharge value, for the desired token value) and confirm.
- The transaction will be legitimate with the use of the OTP/PIN details and so on. The customers and merchant will get an immediate report after the successful transaction.
- The user will require providing the App access to the phone’s camera if he/she is using Bharat QR for the first time.
In the previous month itself, the token sale or the smart card recharge facility at the TVMs via Debit/Credit cards was also launched at the Lal Quila Metro station. So, make the best out of this facility.