International Federation of Football, History, and Statistics (IFFHS) is the award concluded by the votes of 56 countries and 5 continents. And this time, Messi takes it away again with its spectacular comeback and due to his overall contribution to the country and the club as well. However, this was the second time of Lionel Messi to receive the prestigious honour.
IFFHS awards were initiated in the year 2006, which was totally ruled by the liga players—the renowned and former footballer Zinedine Zidane was the first one to receive the award followed by Ricardo Kaka.
Below is the list of top 15 players for best playmakers of 2016
- Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona/ARG)—172 points
- Andrés Iniesta (FC Barcelona/Spain)—66
- Toni Kroos (Real Madrid CF/GER)—45
- MesutÖzil (Arsenal FC/GER)—39
- RiyadMahrez (Leicester City FC/ALG)—36
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid CF/CRO)—36
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City FC/BEL)—31
- Paul Pogba (Juventus/Manchester United/FRA)—26
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC/BEL)—14
- Dimitri Payet (West Ham United/FRA)—8
- David Silva (Manchester City/Spain)—5
- Neymar (FC Barcelona/Brasil)—3
- Marek Hamsik (Nápoles/Slovakia)—3
- Thiago Alcántara (FC Bayern/Spain)—1
- Javier Pastore (PSG/ARG)—1
Though there are few number of trophies on the rack, Messi has been constantly showing his expertise for the nation as well as for the club. The Argentine marvel has lots more to be reckoned in Europe.