Canberra: On Wednesday, the Joint Agency Co-ordination Centre (JACC) said, The Australian led search for the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is expected to wrap up in December.
Primarily it was expected that search will concluded in August, for the missing Boeing 777 jet was hindered by bad weather and surprising search vessel maintenance, but latest release from the JACC in combination with the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) said, search will be suspended for indefinite period if no evidence found once the search concludes in December, Xinhua news agency reported.
According to the latest statement, more than 110,000 sq km of the 120,000 km search zone has been carefully explored.
Once search will completed efforts will turn to identify drift modeling using location of washed up debris like flaperon found on La Reunion island in Indian Ocean last year, scientist are carefully mapping accurate position in order to determine a new “precise location” for a search zone.
“Thirty years of real life Global Drifter Programme data will be used to model the drift of the flaperon,” the statement said.
“The information will not be able to recognize exact location of the aircraft on its own but it is hoped that by applying knowledge and future learning’s, a specific location of the aircraft will be able to be recognized.”
Flight MH370 was carrying 239 passengers and crew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing when it disappeared on 8 March, 2014.